This weekend will run on the 25th & 26th of March 9am – 5pm
ESSENTIALS OF ANATOMY FOR YOGA: The Dynamic Spine
Looking for a hands-on way to delve deeper into your understanding of Anatomy? Join Avid Yogi and creative anatomist, Karen Kirkness (MFA, MSc), for a weekend of activities designed to take you deep into fascination with this marvel of natural engineering: the Dynamic Spine.
This Weekend will introduce the concepts of:
• The ECM: our Extracellular Matrix (a bit of biology)
• Anatomy of the Axial Skeleton (the spine in context)
• Practical approaches to shoulder opening
• Body Painting activity for learning the shoulder and superficial upper back anatomy
• Learn Karen’s 10 preparations for deepening the backbend
• Understand the limiting factors (shoulders, iliopsoas and their role in backbending)
…And how all this applies to Backbending!
Prepare to become fully immersed in a range of techniques to address all your “stuck” zones, including the infamous thoracic region.
The weekend will be 50% theory and 50% practice.
Discover the beauty of human anatomy in practice through a variety of innovative training techniques to engage every learning style.
All materials provided.
• Suitable for all levels
• Especially perfect for previously qualified 200 Hour Yoga Teachers as this counts for 16 Hours of CPD, Certificate of completion provided.
A lunch break is scheduled for 12:30 – 13:15. Lunch is not provided so be sure to make arrangements.
Registrants please ensure you are able to attend this workshop, as we are unable to offer any refunds, at any time.
Bring your own Yoga mat.
There is free parking near Meadowlark on the weekends.
Lunch is not included but there is an affordable, comfy cafe on Argyle Place.