Dynamic Mindfulness: The EISF Follow-Up Yoga Workshop with Karen Kirkness
Saturday, 9th of April 09:00 – 11:00 at Meadowlark Yoga, 43 Argyle Place
Take your keen interest in body-mind concepts one step further to understand the transformational theory and practice of Patanjali’s yoga.
Following on the overwhelming interest in our sponsored, sold-out event Neuro-Yoga, featured in the Edinburgh International Science Festival, Meadowlark Yoga is hosting this special workshop building on the Neuro-Yoga concepts with Karen Kirkness.
- contextualisation of modern asana practice – addressing the question “what is yoga?”
- a basic pranayama technique for stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system and reducing stress
- introduction to the Surya Namaskaras and Standing sequence
- a bit of philosophy centred on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- some anatomical discussion breaking down the basics of breath, bandha, drishti
This 2.5 hour workshop is £25
Concession rates apply: NEURO-YOGA ATTENDEES remember to use your voucher code in the purchase screen!
Students, NHS, OAP – £22.50
EUYS & yoga teachers – £21.25
Please ensure your concession membership for 2015/16 has been registered with Meadowlark before purchase. If you have any questions, please ring us on44 (0)1312287581