SUMMER YTT INTENSIVE: Apply Now for 2017
June 15 – July 5 2017 at Meadowlark Yoga:
Take that keen interest in Yoga one step further, with a 21-day immersion in the transformational theory and practice of Patanjali’s yoga, and start learning to share your practice with others.
The 200Hr Summer Intensive is an immersive program designed for those with a serious interest in the progressive practice of Yoga. Join Meadowlark Yoga founding teacher, Karen Kirkness and contributing faculty members Sarah Hatcher, Nadine Watton, and Joanne Ewen, for a 3-week Immersion looking at the physicality of Yoga as an integrated body-mind discipline. Go deeper into your personal practice and learn the key fundamentals of assisting, adjusting and teaching other students of Yoga.
- contextualisation of modern asana practice – addressing the question “what is yoga?”
- basic pranayama
- introduction to the mechanics of Surya Namaskara A & B and the Ashtanga Standing sequence
- fundamental Indian philosophy centred on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- basic Sanskrit
- study of foundational texts such as the Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- in-depth anatomical discussion
- Asana “research” techniques and supportive methods to nurture body and mind
- practical sessions breaking down the basics of breath, bandha, drishti
- teaching practice, feedback, and critical appraisal
- adjustments and assisting Yoga Asana
Please see our Pricing, Terms & Conditions Page for full details and links to Application.
If you have any questions, not answered on our website, please ring us on 44 (0)1312287581 and ask for our YTT & CPD guru, Nina. The Intensive YTT is capped at a max of 18. We will maintain a Wait List for the Intensive until 1st June 2017.