Join Sarah Brannen for this 45 hour training over two weekends to develop your kids yoga teaching.
Sarah offers a unique in-studio kids yoga training accredited with Yoga Alliance Professionals.
Learn to share yoga with children, with a focus on age 3-9 years. Using imagination, stories, songs and play.
This training is ideal for anyone who works with preschool and primary school aged children, for parents who would like to share yoga with their children, or for yoga teachers who are interested in teaching this age group.
Embrace your inner child as we look at ways to explore yoga with young children. Expect to move, sing, laugh, and play.
Weekends bookable separately as well:
11th & 12th May 2024
8th & 9th June 2024
(Days run 08:00-17:00)
- The principles and philosophy of yoga, how this applies to children and how to bring it into your classes
- How to structure and plan practices or classes for children
- Ways to open and close classes or practice
- Appropriate poses and movements for different ages and stages
- The use of language and teaching cues, including discussion of how much to guide children and how much to let them make their own interpretations
- A look at what to expect from different age groups in terms of development, milestones, how they will act in classes
- How to use stories, songs, props, games and other fun elements to engage children and keep practice interesting
- Balancing movement, stillness, noise, quiet, fun and relaxation
- Including adults in the practice, whether this is parents, nursery staff, or other adults.