Join Sarah Brannen for this 20 hour CPD weekend to develop your early years yoga teaching.
Sarah offers a unique in-studio early years yoga training.
Learn to share yoga with preschool and early primary age children through imagination, stories, songs and play.
This training is ideal for anyone who works with preschool and younger primary aged children, for parents who would like to share yoga with their children, or for yoga teachers who are interested in teaching this age group.
Embrace your inner child as we look at ways to explore yoga with young children. Expect to move, sing, laugh and play.
8th & 9th June 2024
- The principles and philosophy of yoga, how this applies to young children and how to bring it into your classes
- How to structure and plan practices or classes for children
- Ways to open and close classes or practice
- Appropriate poses and movements for different ages and stages
- The use of language and teaching cues, including discussion of how much to guide children and how much to let them make their own interpretations
- A look at what to expect from different age groups in terms of development, milestones, how they will act in classes
- How to use stories, songs, props, games and other fun elements to engage children and keep practice interesting
- Balancing movement, stillness, noise, quiet, fun and relaxation
- Including adults in the practice, whether this is parents, nursery staff, or other adults.