Write for us
Meadowlark Yoga is now welcoming experienced writers for contributor content. We do not post sponsored content or links. We are seeking uplifting articles relevant to living a healthy, informed, and life that complements the posts our core team contribute.
Please don’t submit articles if your company is in a business not in sync with our message.
Topics of interest include:
- Parenting hacks to help young families make time for self-care
- Personal growth/development in yoga (preferably through experience at MLY)
- Routine-building techniques
- Top 5s around self-care
- Body positivity
- BAME issues
- Critical discourse in yoga
- What you're working on and how MLY helps support your academic experience
- Livestream yoga experiences
- Getting men comfortable in our yoga classes
- Sport and yoga
- Psychology and contemporary science of mind
Keep your audience in mind:
- Our community is largely female, 20 - 60 years of age; yet we do have a core of male members and would welcome content that speaks to them
- Our readers are educated, discerning, and fun so please be your authentic self and we'll get along great.
- We all like to read clearly articulated language broken into easily digestible paragraphs and delivered in a friendly voice.
Contributor Content Guidelines:
- The topics should be related to the list given above
- Our team already have yoga and anatomy topics covered so please don't submit on these topics.
- Headlines should be fun, respectful, attention-grabbing while offering the reader a benefit, insight or solution.
- Articles must be original (not published elsewhere) and will be exclusive to MLY for 60 days. After 60 days, the article if posted elsewhere should have the MLY web address, linking it back to us as the source.
- Any hard data should be backed up by quotes, statistics and references.
- Include your name and a 3-sentence bio highlighting your credentials, writing credits and a link to your site.
- No links to commercial sites allowed in the body of post or bio.
- We will provide your link at the end of the post.
- Please stay within 500 to 1200 words (excluding your bio).
- Use paragraphs and concise language.
- Please use GRAMMARLY or a similar platform to edit your submission.
- Articles should include pictures that don’t infringe on copyright unless used by permission or you own copyright.
- The required aspect ratio of featured pictures is 1280 x 720 pixels at 200 dpi or higher.
- We read all submissions and if accepted will contact you within two weeks. AWAKEN does not pay for submissions. If you don’t hear back from us within two weeks that means your submission is not approved by our editors.
- Please include your article text with bio in a word doc together with your feature image at the correct aspect ratio and email to [email protected]
- We get an overwhelming number of submissions and our team is very small, therefore if you don't hear back from us within 14 days that means we are unable to publish your post.