Covid safety for your in-studio Mysore class
May 11, 2021
We want everyone to feel as safe and as comfortable as possible to be able to attend our in-studio Mysore classes, alongside our extensive online offering.
See below some finer details and points around a Covid “walk through”; entering and exiting your in-studio Mysore class so you can prepare in advance before arriving for the first time:
- As per all the general advice NHS/ Scottish Government, please stay at home if you are unwell or presenting any Covid-like symptoms.
- Please wear a face mask before entering the building. We will be asking all of our community to wear a mask in the communal spaces, until they reach their mat. (More on this later).
- The external door will be propped open.
- There is a hand sanitising station before the internal glass door, please sanitise before using the keypad (code is as before, do ask the Mysore teachers/ knock on external windows if you can’t remember it). This keypad will be cleaned before, during and after each mysore session.
- Shoes off at the storage area.
- There will be no sign in sheet, so you will only be granted entry if you have signed in online beforehand.
- Bring as few possessions as possible, and be ready to go in your practice clothes. The main toilet will be open, but the changing room and showers will be closed at this time .
- Please bring your own yoga mat and any props you need. There will be no mats/props available nor storage available at this time.
- When you are ready to enter the Mysore room, please wait at the Sun/Moon studio door and the teacher will come over and speak to you individually.
- During this “meeting” the teacher will:
- Sign you in
- Take your temperature
- Check in how you are doing, including whether you would like hands-on assists/adjustments or not (more on this later!)
- Show you to your space
- Explain about any further Covid logistics
- The Mysore door will be open the whole time, and all exit/entrance fans on during your practice. Keep this in mind as you think about clothing for your practice.
- Enjoy your practice! If your practice extends beyond the allocated 1:45mins, please be ready to complete your practice downstairs in the Moon studio (subject to availability).
- Please keep your breath calm and steady, good practice for us all. This is from advice of senior doctors in our community in ways to prevent excessive expulsion of water droplets if breath is excessively strong (similar to sneezing/ coughing).
- When your practice is finished please apply your mask, take all your belongings home with you and clean your mat/props.
We will be asking our students to wear these in communal areas of the studio at the very least. Please wear it until you reach your mat, and store it in a small bag. You are invited to continue to wear your mask during practice also if you would like. Anytime you have to step off your mat, please put your mask on.
- If you want hands on assists, please bring your own clean towel and place beside your mat.
The teaching team will be:
- Wearing masks and glasses/visors.
- Hand sanitising between each assist.
- Avoiding stepping on your mat, so you may need to adjust your own position.
- Giving more verbal instructions than physical ones.
- Masks & Adjustments: for some, very specific adjustments like Supta Vajrāsana and drop-backs we will ask you to also wear a mask if “face to face” in close proximity.